Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Week 2-Workout 2

I hated my workout today. It was muggy, everything seemed to go uphill, and I hit my dying point at about 8 minutes. Not good! At points I was running so slow I thought I could walk it faster! But I kept going and finished my workout. When the C25K guy came on my iPod and said "workout complete" I thought "you're darn right my workout's complete, you big jerk!" Basically, today was one of those days that I didn't feel like doing it, my body didn't have the energy, but I did it anyway. In order to just get it done, I decided to take Natalie out in her stroller and push her while I ran. She had a great time, but I think that will only be on a necessity basis for now. Pushing the stroller and running was a lot to handle. At the very least, we'll save that for a less-hilly course. At one point during my run by the golf course, I prayed for God to kill me mercifully and mow me down with a golf cart! But I did finished and didn't happen to die of sweating, shortness of breath, or golf cart.

God did, however, bring me a small ray of hope on my cool down. An actual runner came by me about a block from my house. (We're talking special running outfit, sunglasses, shoes - the whole thing.) Even though he was running the opposite direction, I could tell he was going about 4 times as fast as I was and barely breaking a sweat. Just as I was about to throw my Camelbak waterbottle at him and give him a piece of my mind for being such an effortless runner, he waved at me. I felt like I was actually in the running club! I walked a little taller on the block home, like "yeah that's right. I'm a runner. I can do it."

Then I got home, stretched and layed on my floor for 30 minutes...

1 comment: