Monday, July 13, 2009

Week 2-Workout 1

I'm a day late, but here's how the run went yesterday...

It was a wild, mixed up Sunday because we went to Tremont, but we had tons of fun celebrating my nephew Alex's 7th birthday. I DID have a little birthday cake because my sister totally impressed us with her Sponge Bob cake. It was awesome! I made sure to plan ahead to bring my running stuff so I could change at their house and get a quick run in before our small group girls' night.

When we got to B/N, I decided it was time for my first official run on constitution trail. For those of you not from this area, we have a huge trail that winds through town where lots of people go to either workout or take a leisurely stroll. It's a beautiful trail and paved for safe running. Adam took Natalie out in her stroller for a walk, and I went for my run. It was the first day that my workout increased - 5 minute walking warm-up, 90 seconds running/2 minutes walking for 20 minutes, 5 minute walking cool-down. I thought it would be horrible going that extra 30 seconds on the first day, but it really wasn't too bad. I made it to about minute 18 of 30 before I started to really feel the pain. Even then, I pressed on and finished the rest of the workout.

I'm trying really hard not to think about the weeks to come and how I'll move from running/walking to just running. Right now I'm just focusing on this week and trusting that the plan is going to do what I need it to do. The ISU Town & Gown 5K is October 17th, so I may add a few extra weeks in there to work myself up to a 5K by then. The C25K program jumps pretty fast when you hit week 5. Either way, I am doing it!

1 comment: